Friday 15 March 2019

DFI Day 3


What did I learn that increased my understanding of Manaiakalani kaupapa and pedagogy?

Today I learnt about some new ways of sharing students learning and creativity with whanau. We listened to Kent who shared how his school uses drones and student videos to live stream events such as cross country, rugby games and netball games for families around New Zealand and the world to watch live. This was a great look at just what is capable in this forever changing digital world and outlined just how important sharing is.

What did I learn that could improve my confidence, capability or workflow as a professional?

I feel as tough I have a huge bank of creative ideas to go and explore which is developing my confidence and really empowering me as a professional to develop and implement these ideas in my classroom. I can see that through engaging in today's activities just how powerful they really are. I have been so engaged and focused in the digital tasks which has really shown me the importance of this digital technology. 

What did I learn that could be used with my learners?  

I used Google Drawing to create an image including text to welcome people to my blog. I used Bitmoji to add a animated picture of myself and learnt how to add this to the sidebar on my blog. This is a great site that I will use in the future with my students when creating digital drawings. 

I also used Google Slides to create an animation of a shark eating a fish. This activity was very engaging and I could see this being a very effective activity that I am going to try and implement into my teaching next week. I added this slide to my class learning hub and will use our animations as part of our writing!

I also learnt how to add a a slide to blog by going into; File, publish to web, embed, publish, ctrl copy https;//. Next you have to open blogger, hit new, click into http and ctrl paste. 

What did I learn that could improve my confidence, capability or workflow in my personal life?

I can see that I am becoming a lot more confident at using all of Google Suite and I am coming away from these sessions with a brain overload of how I can use all of this content. I can use some of the skills learnt today for my own personal blog which has helped develop my confidence with using Blogger. 

2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Jazz,
    Great to hear you are feeling more confident in using the tools. I love your animation of the shark disaster. How do you think you could use the animations idea with your learners?

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Jazz,
    Awesome that you're so engaged and focused in our learning, and able to see so much application in your own classroom. It's a great idea to set up small structured and simple tasks to help learners develop the skills you want early on in the year. Then as the year and their skills progress they'll have a range of skills to draw upon to be truly empowered to create to share their learning. Keep up the enthusiasm & hopefully the brain overload isn't too overwhelming!!
    Stef

    ReplyDelete