Friday 15 September 2023

Day 9 Sharing Reading

Day 9 Sharing Reading


Planning for share - I make sure that every two weeks students will post their reading tasks as a quality blog post. I have found that two weeks of learning and working is a good amount of time for them to get these complete. They also have the opportunity to read and comment on their buddies blogs and respond to comments on their own blogs. 


Blog Detectives

Students can be blog detectives and see what they can find out about students. Here is what I could find out about Anon. 



Homework from week 8

For my homework, I used one of the create tasks from the text Jump! Students had to take a screenshot of themselves and then using Canva design the background, added images and made some parts moving. 


Blogging

We blog every two weeks, as we have library time, buddy reading, school activities and teacher out of class interruptions during our reading time, which means less time in class reading. I use a colour coded system to ‘check in’ with my students. Pink means they need to make changes, orange means beginner, green is stepping up and yellow is a smart learner. I have noticed that students getting green are wanting to make changes to receive yellow. This is where I can give my students feedback and feedforward. 




Blog comment to Arya. 


 

2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Jazz,
    you and your school value blogging and this embedded practice continues to grow. You have set up manageable systems. I also love the way you are encouraging bloggers to self assess and revisit blogs posts.
    I know you have found the RPI valuable and the way you have implemented the things you have covered is outstanding.
    He whetu koe! You are a star!
    from Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jazz, It has been great working with you this year and I hope you found the RPI to be helpful in you teaching. I love all your examples of how your students are harnessing the power of blogging. Including how to use this space for some quality reflection. Hope to catch up when I'm in Tairāwhiti again. Kiri

    ReplyDelete