Friday 25 August 2023

Day 8 Create Reflection

Today we dove into how the create task is a vital part of the learn, create, share model. It engages the students and provides creative opportunities for them. Johnathan Neeland talked about students' needing a combination of science and art education in schools which we believe we do quite well through integrating reading with Inquiry, Science, Maori History and Arts. It was great to see Naomi highlight some of my previous create tasks such as our collaborative manu tukutuku (kite) and waka, where students removed the background and then added labels for the different parts they chose. It is humbling to know that these have been used and shared as examples to our cohort. 

Creating a One-Shot Video was a challenge because recording yourself can be a daunting and vulnerable thing to do. In saying that, I thought this would be an enjoyable task that I could incorporate into our novel study, so I have also added this to our task slides to complete in week ten when we complete the second book to The Last Wild trilogy.

I enjoyed being introduced to new websites such as Craiyon, Story Board and Pixton and I look forward to implementing these into the classroom. I have planned a task using Craiyon where the students will create an image of a character from our novel study The Dark Wild. 


One of our tasks was to create a scene from the poem Te Marama written by Kelly Joseph. I used Craiyon and searched keywords that produced an AI image of the moon shining through a window. For the task, we also had to reflect on what things were different, and similar and things I liked the most about my AI image. 


I found the document below really beneficial to complete as I was able to reflect on what create tasks I have done in the past and some that I can think about including in the future.  



2 comments:

  1. HI Jazz,
    Thanks for letting us use your mahi as examples on our create day. We love being able to share 'real' activities and content with people, so thanks again. I too find video of myself to be a challenge to do, so good on you for pulling yours together. The more we work in this field I think the more confident we become. This is probably really good learning for our students also. I bookmarked a lot of the AI tools you discussed as well. I think this is going to be important knowledge to hav as we move forward. Looking forward to hearing how this goes in your room. Kiri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora Jazz,
    looks like this was another day full of takeaways for you.
    Well done with your video! Making a book trailer is a great way to get students to create.
    I look forward to reading your student's blogs when you try some of these things. Let me know when they have shared something and I will go in and comment on their blogs
    from Cheryl Torrie

    ReplyDelete