Friday 3 May 2019

DFI Day 7 - Enabling Access - Sites

What did I learn that increased my understanding of Manaiakalani kaupapa and pedagogy?


One thing that stuck in my mind from today's session was that 'connected learners share'. For students to gain the most of the share component they need to be able to connect with the people reading their content, and vice versa. When children blog their work they are making it accessible to the public which allows anyone from around the world to read and comment on their learning.




What did I learn that could improve my confidence, capability or workflow as a professional?






I am becoming more and more fluent with the technology that I am using, especially when creating buttons on Google Drawing for my class site. I learnt that you have to download the Google Drawing as a PNG so that I can attach a link to the image on Google Sites. I have made my class site a lot more user friendly by having less tabs, updated buttons and groupings of the students in reading, writing and math. 






What did I learn that could be used with my learners?

We explored other schools class sites and I found an excellent planning example for inquiry where the students have a range of inquiry topics to explore with step by step instructions. Throughout the term each student selects an inquiry topic and has the week to complete the task. 



Manaiakalani has a Twitter account that pushes all Blogger posts to their Twitter page.



What did I learn that could improve my confidence, capability or workflow in my personal life?


Version History - Life saver for deleted work. (Click: File, version history, click the version  you want to restore, click restore at top of page). 

You can also see who has contributed to the page. See below. 






3 comments:

  1. Kia ora Jazz, I like the way you have recorded the learning that has resonated with you. I agree, the power of connected learners sharing is huge. You could consider adding a link to your class site via words or your screenshot of the site - I wanted to go there and use it!

    Ngā mihi,
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jazz,
    Awesome that you're becoming more confident with the tools, and applying that to your practice. It's great that you're living the kaupapa of share, by exploring other teachers sites, you've gained more teaching ideas. By making your learning and teaching plans visible through your class site and sharing on your blog, you'll be able to pay it forward and others will gain ideas from you too! Perhaps after a learning unit you could share some of the planning, outcomes and reflection on this blog to connect with your colleagues? This also becomes really useful documentation for your PTCs evidence.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jazz
    I really enjoyed reading your blog and in particular seeing the buttons you have created for your class site - they look great! The way you are applying your DFI learning each week in your classroom makes for a really interesting read. See you tomorrow, Allie

    ReplyDelete